The Essex Family Support Service launched in 2020, is led by Community360 whilst working in partnership and collaboration with other voluntary and community sector organisations across Essex to deliver this service as part of the wider Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service. The service was able to support 788 people in the first year.
This service is inspiring
Find out more about the people behind our work
This service provides support to families which include school-aged children and young people aged 8-19 years (25 SEND)
This will include families who are not already receiving support from specialist and statutory services such as CAMHS, Social Care and Family Solutions. (For families with children under 8 years, support will be provided by other voluntary organisations).
The aim of this service is to support families to work towards the following outcomes:
- Emotionally healthy, happy and resilient – supporting families to develop and retain positive relationships
- Behaviour choices that promote safety and wellbeing – including reduction in participation of risky behaviours
- Socially connected, resilient and resourceful families – supporting people to connect with peers and communities
- Healthy inter-parental/guardian and family relationships – effective communication and conflict resolution
What can we help with?
We pride ourselves on giving families the best support we can and signpost to the most up to date and relevant services.
Some examples of the things we can help with are:
- Build positive family relationships
- Signposting to relevant services
- Up to 10 weeks family mentoring support
- Completing referrals for families
- Attend TAF meetings (Team Around the Family)
- General advice and guidance
- Find courses and training for parents
- Can link families up with special educational needs and disability (SEND) specific organisations for extra support
Unfortunately at this moment in time we are only able to accept referrals from HCRG staff and schools.
We expect this to be for the next 3 months but will keep under regular review and update our website accordingly. September 2023
Additional support is available through these key services : Essex Family Support Services – Key Services- August 23
To date the Essex Family Support Service have supported over 1,100 people from across Essex and we have had many with positive outcomes
A case study
A referral was received for a family that wanted support with a child that was struggling with their emotions and using anger and violence a lot. The parents lacked understanding around SEND. The family wanted help to identify school holiday activities for their child. The family struggled to buy food and school uniform.
- C360 mentor referred the child to the Children’s Society, difference noticed instantly.
- C360 mentor sent parents to SNAP workshop for support on SEND.
- C360 mentor signed the child up to local football sessions over the holidays and they really enjoyed them.
- C360 mentor delivered them food vouchers that were greatly received and ensured they would eat.
Mum and Son are now communicating better and starting to understand the emotions that the son goes through and how to handle them better. Son is now involved in after school and school holiday activities that keep him busy and allow him to sleep well at night. This also gives mum some space to get things done that previously were left and added to stress. Mum now feels better equipped on where to find support around SEND and anger, with a more positive outlook on the future.
‘Building on that
The workshops are run by Essex Family Support Service and supported by parents across Essex this is a good chance to come together and help others as well as yourself. Sessions are held virtually via Microsoft Teams or face to face in various locations across Essex.
These sessions are temporarily on hold but if interested please contact us via email to register your interest email@example.com or call the office on 01206 505250.
The EFSS team have various community projects happening alongside our service throughout the year. To keep up to date with these and other useful information, please follow the Community360 socials at Community360.org
Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service (ECFWS) and Community360 are working together to bring low level and early help support for families who have children and young people aged 8-19 years across Essex (Excluding Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock).
As a service we work alongside lots of different organisations to aid us in reaching as many families as we can that may need extra support, we have great working partnerships with local schools, charities, other family support services and many more!