About the fund
The purpose of the North East Essex Hyperlocal Fund is to support non-profit groups based in local communities to build resilient local Neighbourhoods that help to improve health and wellbeing for residents.
In particular, the Hyperlocal Fund is addressing the following local priorities:
- Ways to reduce the burden of deprivation and inequalities
- Improve mental health and reduce suicide
- Tackle isolation and loneliness
- Improve physical health and the management of long-term conditions which affect local residents
- Increase physical activity to reduce obesity
Consequences of the projects may include better health and wellbeing, greater levels of confidence, stronger social relationships and take up of health services by people who face challenges to doing so.
All applications must be able to demonstrate that they will support at least one aim from this agenda. All projects must also offer a solution that reflects the Live Well campaign. The North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance has adopted the campaign and its six key themes:
- Start Well – Giving children the best start in life
- Feel Well – Supporting mental wellbeing
- Be Well – Empowering adults to be active and make healthy lifestyle choices
- Age Well – Supporting people to live safely and independently as they grow older
- Stay Well – Supporting adults with health or care concerns to access support and maintain healthy, productive and fulfilling lives
- Die Well – Giving individuals nearing end of life choice around their care
Applicants can support more than one theme with their project.