Colchester Sea Cadets – Trustee Volunteer Recruitment
Colchester Sea Cadets unit are a youth charity affiliated to the Sea Cadets UK that provides a head start in life for young people through nautical adventure and fun. Their volunteers work, both directly with young people and behind the scenes, to help make a positive difference to young people who are often struggling in today’s world and their communities.
Colchester Sea Cadet unit is currently looking for new volunteers to join as Instructors and Trustees to support the sustainability and future of the charity.
What is involved as a Trustee?
The unit is managed and run by a number of volunteers through the Unit Management Team (UMT). Together they are responsible for running the unit at a strategic and management level, ensuring the unit is safe, successful and sustainable. The UMT meet approximately once every 6-8 weeks for two hours.
Benefits of being a Sea Cadet Volunteer: Contribute to your local community
- Support the development of young people
- Expand learning and training opportunities
- Expand facilities and programmes
- Increase opportunity for social mobility
- Attract funding
- Lower crime in your area
Raise your profile in the local community
- Network with local government members
- Liaise with local business networks
- Communication with local schools and education establishments/ schemes
Develop skills in new areas
- Access to training and development
- Volunteer with like-minded people
- Gain recognised qualifications including Leadership and Management, First Aid, RYA/boating qualifications.
- Gain strategic experience
- Build your CV
- Empower yourself with a new sense of purpose/prospect
- Strengthen your communication and negotiating skills
- Volunteering with people from diverse professional backgrounds
Any support you can give would be very much welcomes, we are also particularly looking for the following roles:
- Unit Management Trustee
If you would like to find out more about our volunteering opportunities or the organisation, please contact us to arrange an informal discussion.
Alison Fogg – Chair of Colchester Sea Cadets Colchesterseacadetchairperson@outlook.com
Click here to download :