Walking to keep physically and mentally fit has never been more important than it is now. For some, it is second nature but for many they still need the confidence to attend a group walk and to continue to attend. This workshop will be a chance to share and gain knowledge to explore new ways to motivate people to look after their physical and mental wellbeing through walking.
This 2.5 hour course is delivered online via Teams and will enable and motivate you create your own walks and to support people to make positive changes to their health.
- Know how to attract your walkers
- Finding what’s already out there
- Working with other professionals and signposting
- Identifying the harder to reach groups and accessibility issues
- Know how to keep your walkers
- How to support less motivated people
- How to adapt to the needs of the group
- Encouraging ownership to build confidence and utilising knowledge within the group
- Know the practical considerations when making decisions about your walk
- Health and safety including Covid, GDPR and Risk Assessments