Transforming Services for Victims Digital Conference
Tuesday 17th October 2023
09:00 – 13:30
There is still time to book your place at this month’s Transforming Services for Victims Conference, taking place online on Tuesday 17th October.
Chaired by Fay Maxted, Chief Executive of the Survivors Trust, this conference will bring together the key national and local organisations from across criminal justice agencies including police and PCCs, VRUs, CSPs, local authorities, health, courts, probation, prisons, parole board and third and voluntary organisations.
• An update on the Victims and Prisoners Bill from the Minister of State for the Ministry of Justice.
• Hear directly from Sir Robert Neill MP, Chair of the Justice Committee, on how to improve victims’ experience of the criminal justice system.
• Emily Hunt OBE, Independent Advisor, End-to-End Rape Review will discuss lived experience and delivering better support for victims.
• Hear a panel discussion with CVoC, Survivors UK and Victim Support on commissioning services for child victims.
• Learn about better engagement with victims at trial with Jo McKenzie, Deputy Director at the Crown Prosecution Service.
• Understand more about resolving complaints and improving support for victims post-sentencing from the Parole Board, HM Prison & Probation Service, and the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
• Explore multi-agency working with Wasim Ali, Assistant Police and Crime Commissioner for West Midlands, Commander Nick John, Head of Criminal Justice and Lead for Victims, Metropolitan Police Service and Elliot Colburn MP, Chair, All-Parliamentary Party Group (APPG) for Restorative Justice, plus SafeLives, NHS England, East Sussex County Council.