Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) throughout the United Kingdom can apply to the Peter Harrison Foundation Opportunities Through Sport grant scheme. The aim of the grant scheme is to provide opportunities for sport and physical activity at a grassroots level that enable people who are physically, mentally, socially, or economically disadvantaged to develop personal and life skills to fulfil their potential.
The grants can be used for a variety of purposes, such as funding new sports programmes, improving existing sports facilities, or providing training and support for sports coaches.
The Trustees welcome applications for physical activity initiatives that:
- Provide a focus for skills development and confidence building
- Have a strong training and/or educational theme
- Provide specialised sporting equipment or facilities required to open opportunities
- Have a high degree of involvement from beneficiaries and those with lived experience
Have a plan for sustainability and seek to deliver a lasting legacy
The Foundations provide two levels of funding:
- Major grants: between £5,001 and £30,000.
- Small grants: up to £5,000
Priority will be given to organisations with an annual turnover of up to £500,000.
The next closing date for applications is 1 January 2024.