Self-Care Week is an annual awareness week that focuses on embedding support for self-care across communities, families and generations. This year’s theme is ‘mind and body.’
Practising self-care is something we all need to do every day. For ourselves and for our families. What can we do to improve self-care?
- Self-Care Week is a perfect time for thinking about how we live and making small changes – maybe looking at what we eat or drink, what exercise we do, how much sleep we get; about work/ life balance or staying connected to friends and family to help us take better care of ourselves and our families.
- Adopt positive lifestyle choices.
- If you have been putting of vaccinations or screening this might be a good time to make that appointment.
- Find out how to manage minor or long-term health conditions
- Talk about how you feel and maintain social connections.
- Knowing what to do and where to go for help – not just your GP practice: pharmacies on every High Street are also health experts can help with all sorts of ailments or signpost you to the right additional health advice or treatment.
The Self Care Forum is a good source of information for fact sheets and further information : https://www.selfcareforum.org/