UK registered charities working in those need of a safe and secure home can apply to the Leeds Building Society Charitable Foundation for support. Grants of between £250 – £100,000 are available to cover the costs involved in directly supporting those who are disadvantaged or in vulnerable circumstances, including:
- projects that help with fuel poverty, energy efficiency or climate action relating to homes and housing
- projects that help those with health needs with housing, adaptations or advice
- projects that help with bills or debt stress
- projects that reduce loneliness, provide supported living services or adapt homes to make them safer for those with accessibility needs
- projects that support money management or provide advice services
- projects that support emergency accommodation
This list is not exclusive.
The foundation awards grants via two funding streams:
Small grants (up to £1,000) – Under this funding stream, capital grants are available to fund the purchase of items used to directly help those in need, rather than contributing to a charity’s running costs. The funding is only available to UK registered charities with a turnover of less than £1 million.
Large grants (£25,000-£100,000). Applicants for large grants can apply for between £25,000 and £100,000. This can be a one year grant, or split across two or three years. Large grants are only available for core, project and/or capital costs.
For our large grants, the Foundation is only accepting grants from registered charities based in or delivering work in Yorkshire and/or the North East of England.
Applications are reviewed every quarter. The next deadline for applications is the 30th August 2023.
For any questions about the Foundation’s grants, please email email@example.com or call 0113 225 7518