Registered Charities, churches, Parish Councils, Local Authorities and CASC registered sports clubs can apply for grants of between £2,000 and £100,000 for the provision, maintenance or improvement of community facilities.
This can include:
· Village Halls and Community Centres;
· Public Play Areas;
· Publicly available Multi use games areas;
· Skate parks and BMX tracks;
· Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access;
· Churches – community spaces only;
· Nature Reserves;
· Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access;
The funding is being made available through the FCC Community Action Fund and is available to projects located within 10 miles of an eligible FCC Environment site.
Recent changes to its funding policy mean that the FCC Community Foundation will now accept applications for renewable energy projects based at community buildings, including solar panels. Applications for non-substantial extensions such as porches, storage areas and toilets/kitchens will in some circumstances will now also be accepted. All grants require applicants to secure a contributing third party (CTP) payment. This is a very specific payment required to be paid to the landfill operator and should not be confused with match funding. Please see the application guidelines below for further information.
The next closing date for applications is at 5pm on the 6th December 2023.