UK charities, Parent Teachers Associations, and schools can apply for grants to help both children and adults suffering severe learning difficulties, together with autism.
The funding is being made available through the Baily Thomas General grants programme, and can be used to purchase equipment, support capital works as well as covering project and core costs.
Previous grants have been used to support:
- capital building/renovation/refurbishment works for residential, nursing and respite care, and schools
- employment schemes including woodwork, crafts, printing and horticulture
- play schemes and play therapy schemes
- day and social activities centres including building costs and running costs
- support for families, including respite schemes
- independent living schemes
- support in the community schemes
- Snoezelen rooms
The Fund does not currently accept appeals from Community Interest Companies.
The next deadline for applications seeking funding in excess of £9,000 is the 1st March 2024.
Applications for £9,000 and below can be submitted at any time.