Funding is available to registered charities across the UK working with children and young people aged under 16 to address issues such as abuse, addiction, young carers, and homelessness. The funding which is being made available through the 7Stars Foundation is offering grants of up to £2,500 for registered charities in the UK with an annual turnover of less than £1.5 million.
Funding is offered across the following streams:
- Project grants of up to £2,500 to cover the costs of projects that:
- Enable young people to have the best start in life and aim high
- Have a direct impact and respond to a need in an immediate manner
- Are hosted in geographical areas of deprivation and socioeconomic disadvantage
- Respond to one or more of the funding priorities of 7Stars Foundation
- Address a lack of provision (due to a lack of funding from alternative sources)
- Provide immediate support, not just in the short-term but with long-term benefits too
- Shine Bright grants of up to £1,500 for registered charities to purchase items and resources to protect and support the children they serve through the cost-of-living crisis.
- Direct grants to individuals affected by the Foundation’s themes, supported by outreach, social or care workers, or legal professionals. Applications must be submitted by the supporting professional/organisation.
For Child Carer projects, preference will be given to projects offering long-term impact and/or sustainable support (such as mentoring or outreach programmes) over recreational trips.
The deadline for applications is the 31st August 2023.