Colchester Community Speed Networking
Elim Church Clematis way Greenstead Colchester CO4 3PY
Tuesday 11th July 09.30am for 10.00am start
Tendring Community speed Networking
Dovercourt Fire station Fronks Road Dovercourt
19th July 2023 09.30am for 10.00am start
Network speed dating
Network Speed dating is a fun opportunity to catch up with old friends working in the community or build new community connections. For several years Les Nicoll, Community Builder for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service, has arranged Network Speed Dating events across the county and has seen very many successful partnerships formed between organisations.
How does it work?
- Speed Networking involves up to 25 or so people from the Community Support Team’s charities or structured organisations.
- Sitting in a line opposite to somebody else from the community, you get a total of Just 6 minutes to discuss your roles and work in the community at the same time. The person opposite is telling you of theirs.
- After 6 minutes the bell goes (or a still strikingly handsome older Firefighter shouts, “Move on”)
- At which point you move on to the next person until you have engaged with all people in the room
- This creates the opportunity to make up to 24 new contacts or renew friendships with old contacts.
- There will be an hour at the end to develop any contacts or potential partnerships.
- To ensure the informal atmosphere, there will of course be Tea/Coffee and cakes.
These events are informal and fun and a great opportunity for lots of sign posting and new partnerships to be forged .
For the best results, one person from each organisation is ideal.
They can then pyramid the information down to others in their team.
If you require any further information about this event or are interested please contact Les Nicoll on 07779129888 or email email@example.com
To book a place at the event please email the following details.
- Your name
- Your organisation
- Which event you wish to attend, Dovercourt or Colchester (You are very welcome to attend both)
- e mail and contact telephone numbers plus permission to copy add to attendees list
Feel free to bring along pull-ups or advertising boards to make the event seem more professional