MS-UK is a small national charity dedicated to empowering people with multiple sclerosis (MS) to live healthier and happier lives by improving their understanding of MS and providing support where it is needed most. MS-UK put people affected by MS at the heart of their work – that’s around 130,000 people in the UK and 2.3 million worldwide. The MS-UK team are dedicated with a passion for making a difference, priding themselves on offering independent, unbiased information and support so people with MS can make their own choices.
MS-UK are looking for a volunteer to facilitate regular book club sessions for the multiple sclerosis (MS) community, to connect other book enthusiasts.
This is a fun and varied role where you’ll be using your people and organisational skills.
As a Book Club Facilitator you will be leading the virtual book club meetings on Zoom, for approximately one hour, every four to six weeks, ensuring a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere where all participants feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and ideas.
Your responsibilities will be
- Collaborating with attendees to help choose the book
- Read and familiarise yourself with the chosen book to guide discussions effectively
- Scheduling, hosting and moderating the Zoom meetings, including troubleshooting technical issues and ensuring the smooth flow of the discussion
- Prompt participants with open-minded questions, summaries and thought provoking topics to keep the conversation lively and engaging
- Recording attendance of each session
- Liaising with the Online Activities Manager giving feedback/suggestion or concerns received
- Ensure participants are aware of other services MS-UK provide and encourage them to get involved and contribute to fundraising activities
In return MS-UK will support you every step of the way to have an amazing volunteering experience. You’ll get a full induction and receive regular support sessions.
Please contact Sarah Wright, on 01206 226500, or via email to email@example.com for an application form and volunteer pack.