Become a Director of our local energy saving group
Would you like to volunteer a small number of hours per week in helping to run the group.
Community Energy Colchester are looking for people who are:
- Committed to helping local people stay warmer and save on fuel costs
- Keen to help tackle climate change
- Organised and good at motivating others
- From all walks of life
The benefits to you:
- Making a huge difference to the lives of others – feels great
- Looks excellent on your CV
- Being part of a small dedicated and friendly team
- Help alleviate climate anxiety
- Help the region move towards a lower carbon, socially just energy system
How to apply:
To request a ‘Prospective Directors’ information sheet and ‘Director Application Form’, please email Christopher Blomeley at
Frequently Asked Question’s
What kind of organisation is Community Energy Colchester? CEC is a Community Benefit Society registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (reg no. 8613). CEC operates in Colchester and surrounding areas as needed. Founded in 2021 by a small group of energy professionals and activists, the Society was designed to raise awareness and provide education on low carbon solutions.
Which other organisations does CEC work with? CES has attracted considerable support from Essex County Council, Colchester City Council and Community Energy South to develop several strands of activity. CEC also works beside many other charities and non-profit organisations to ensure local resident get joined up advice and support.
What kind of activities does CEC deliver?
- Retrofitting advice
- Installing free energy saving measures for households
- Collaborating with parish councils to help install electric vehicle charging points
- Helping to train local people with retrofitting and energy advice skills
What will my responsibilities be? As part of the Director team you will help ensure that the group remains healthy and sustainable and able to navigate changing times and economic climates.
How many Directors are needed? We are looking for at least 3 people. The more people who join, the more we can achieve and share the opportunity.
Will I have any personal financial liability? £1, that’s all. That’s the amount you pay when you join the group.
Will I be skilful enough? As long as you can use basic computer packages, you’re organised and motivated to get stuck in and share the tasks that’s all Community Energy Colchester need to start with. Any training they need as a team can be provided.
How can I find more information? See the Community Energy Colchester website https://www.colchestercommunityenergy.com/ or contact Christopher Blomeley to find out more information directly