Walking to keep physically and mentally fit has never been more important than it is now. For some, it is second nature but for many they still need the confidence to attend a group walk and to continue to attend. This workshop will be a chance to share and gain knowledge to explore new ways to motivate people to look after their physical and mental wellbeing through walking.
This 2.5 hour course is delivered online via Teams and will enable and motivate you create your own walks and to support people to make positive changes to their health.
- Know how to attract your walkers
- Finding what’s already out there
- Working with other professionals and signposting
- Identifying the harder to reach groups and accessibility issues
- Know how to keep your walkers
- How to support less motivated people
- How to adapt to the needs of the group
- Encouraging ownership to build confidence and utilising knowledge within the group
- Know the practical considerations when making decisions about your walk
- Health and safety including Covid, GDPR and Risk Assessments
Do you need this training brought in-house to your own staff? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how.
ONLINE with Jo Bryant
Jo is our in-house specialist on health walks and winner of the Active Essex ‘One in a million’ award in 2020, and became a health ambassador with Active Essex in 2021. She regularly runs walks around Finchingfield, Witham and Coggeshall to support the Green Prescribing initiative. She is an inspirational walker, talker and trainer.
16 September 2021
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.