WELCOME TO OUR BLENDED ONLINE VERSION OF OUR VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT COURSE.
This course consists of 7 guided learning hours, delivered as:
- 5th May 2 – 4.30pm: Induction and Session 1.
- 12th May 2 – 4.30pm: Session 2 and Consolidation.
You will be expected to do some guided assessment in-between the sessions, totalling approximately 2 hours.
This is a mainly online course, delivered live by an expert trainer over 2 sessions, both of which must be attended. This course is unit one of the qualification ‘Volunteer Management’ and is aimed at anyone responsible for recruiting volunteers to work in their organisations. The course explores the role of volunteer workers within organisations and looks at the processes for successful recruitment. You will need access to the internet and MS Teams.
- How recruiting volunteers can help an organisation meet its aims and objectives
- Understanding volunteers’ motivations and how they can match what your team needs to achieve
- The different roles and responsibilities volunteers can take on within an organisation and how these complement those of employed staff
- Volunteer role descriptions including the skills and qualities needed
- Different approaches to recruiting volunteers
- How to assess the resources needed within the recruitment process
Benefits to you
You’ll feel much more confident in your ability to recruit volunteers after this course and in addition to the training, you will also have the opportunity to share ideas and gain valuable support.
This course counts towards the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Managing Volunteers. A further course on Supporting, Developing and Managing Volunteers is available.
Both parts are certified on their own but delegates must pass both these courses to gain the full award or can just opt to receive an attendance certificate. If delegates are attending both courses, the certificate will be claimed on completion of the second unit.
ONLINE with Robin Hodgkinson
About the Trainer
Robin is a qualified tutor who has been developing and delivering training courses in the voluntary sector for over two decades, covering VCS organisational and personnel management, personal skills and trustee board training.
Robin is a much respected and very popular tutor with a longstanding relationship with Community360.
5 May 2021 - 12 May 2021
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.