WELCOME TO THE BLENDED VERSION OF OUR SUPPORTING, DEVELOPING AND MANAGING VOLUNTEERS COURSE.
This course consists of 7 guided learning hours, delivered as:
- 17th February 10.00 – 12.30: Induction and Session 1.
- 24th February 10.00 – 12.30: Session 2 and Consolidation.
You will be expected to do some guided assessment in-between the sessions, totalling approximately 2 hours.
This is a mainly online course, delivered live by an expert trainer over 2 sessions, both of which must be attended. This accredited course is unit 2 of the qualification ‘Volunteer Management’ and explores how you can effectively manage, support and develop volunteers working in your organisation. It is aimed at Volunteer Managers and Co-ordinators. You will need access to the internet and MS Teams.
- How organisations can support their volunteers effectively…we’ll talk about how support starts from the very beginning of volunteers’ relationship with the organisation, and is the responsibility of both volunteers and paid staff
- How supporting volunteers aids retention..…we’ll look at the link between reviewing progress and checking-in with each other, and volunteers’ wishes to stay and support a project
- How organisations can provide effective learning and skills development for volunteers…we’ll plan a timeline of appropriate role progression and tasks that lead to development – appropriate to your groups’ goals and activities
- How developing volunteers benefits the individuals and the organisation…we’ll prepare resources and our own skills for celebrating the great bits, and being ready for the challenging parts of managing volunteers
Benefits to you
You’ll feel able to manage volunteers after this course and, in addition to the training, you will also have the opportunity to share ideas and gain valuable support.
This course counts towards the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Managing Volunteers. A further course on Recruiting Volunteers is also available.
Both parts are certified on their own but delegates must pass both of these courses to gain the full award or can just opt to receive an attendance certificate instead. If delegates are attending both courses, the certificate will be claimed on completion of the second unit.
ONLINE with Robin Hodgkinson
About the Trainer
Robin is a qualified tutor who has been developing and delivering training courses in the voluntary sector for over two decades, covering VCS organisational and personnel management, personal skills and trustee board training.
Robin is a much respected and very popular tutor with a longstanding relationship with Community360.
17 February 2021 - 24 February 2021
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.