There are times in life where you find yourself offering support to those around you and it becomes challenging. Whatever the cause, you need to make sure that you protect yourself whilst ensuring the other person feels supported. This 2 hour online course explores ways of establishing boundaries and expectations, and tackling issues that arise when supporting others becomes difficult, in way that remains professional and positive for all involved. This course is designed primarily for telephone callers, but the principles can easily be transferred to anyone who finds themselves in a personal support role.
- Be able to know, set and apply boundaries and expectations
- Establish the principles and nature of types of conversation you are likely to have in your role
- Display active listening and conversational techniques
- Know when to take action for the safety of others and what to do
- Know and apply self-care techniques
ONLINE with Matt Sterling
About the Trainer
Matt is an experienced leader, having managed voluntary organisations, local authority services, and major change projects, including a decade in the voluntary sector, and 15 in local government, ultimately as a Borough Council Assistant Chief Executive.
He is also an experienced trainer having taught subjects as diverse as management, leadership, IT skills and English as a foreign language.
27 July 2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.