This 2-hour online course is designed for those who need to facilitate group activities, such as meetings, training and inductions. Nowadays, facilitation online has become more commonplace, and this course looks at the facilitation skills needed and if/how they are affected by this switch to online delivery. By the end of the course, delegates will understand the roles and responsibilities of the facilitator and have deepened their understanding of the skills needed to facilitate a session now.
Knowing the purpose of facilitation, and the roles and responsibilities of the facilitator
Preparing to facilitate:
- Planning, activities, reaching consensus in line with outcomes, and how these are affected by the context of delivery (i.e. face-to-face, socially distanced, online etc.)
Identifying and developing the skills of the facilitator :
- Verbal communication and group management – telegraphing
- The power of questioning – the purpose and types of questions
- Active listening – how this is achieved
- Inclusivity and awareness – understanding and activating the group
ONLINE with Tina Bullen
About the Trainer
With 15 years teaching experience in both the private and public sector, Tina Bullen is a strong and fully qualified educator. Tina has a very wide range of experience and knowledge, having worked with just about every type of learner that exists in the workplace, Further Education and Higher Education.
Her subject specialisms include educational theory and English language.
14 December 2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.