WELCOME TO OUR NEW BLENDED VERSION OF DESIGNING AND DELIVERING TRAINING NOW (FORMERLY TRAIN THE TRAINER).
This is a level 4 accredited course worth 4 credits on the RQF through Gateway Qualifications. The course is 6 guided learning hours, delivered over 3 sessions:
- 4th February 2-3: Induction
- 11th February 2-4.30: Session 1
- 18th February 2-4.30: Session 2 and consolidation + completion/feedback via email
In between sessions, there will be some guided self-study, pre-reading and preparation to do of at least 1 hour.
All sessions must be attended to successfully complete the course. Please ensure you are able to attend all 3. You will need an email address, a computer with a good internet connection, webcam and microphone, reasonable IT skills and Word. PowerPoint is also an advantage but not essential.
Like many organisations, we have had to rethink how we deliver training. You may find yourself wondering how to train new volunteers, learners or members of staff remotely with the resources you have, or how to keep working or furloughed staff engaged with their continuous professional development. This course is not a masterclass in online learning, and many of us working in the third sector simply do not have access to the luxury of e-learning anyway. However, what it does provide is a platform to think about how we can apply teaching and learning principles to the situation we find ourselves in now and in the future, where pure classroom learning and face-to-face training may become a thing of the past.
- Content of a training session – aims, outcomes, learning
- Exploring training methods – planning for learning, adapting to new methods and approaches, methods to use now and in the future
- Selecting assessment methods – ensuring what is taught is learnt and retained, methods to use
- The delivery of a training session – delivering a live microteach to fellow delegates via Teams
- Reviewing training – what could have gone better? What methods might work best for your organisation?
Benefits To You
On successful completion, you will achieve 4 credits at level 4 on the RQF (HND level). You will be able to apply the key principles of teaching and learning to your own context. You will have had experience of delivering learning online.
SPACES LIMITED TO 5, SO BOOK SOON TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
ONLINE with Tina Bullen
About the Trainer
With 15 years teaching experience in both the private and public sector, Tina Bullen is a strong and fully qualified educator. Tina has a very wide range of experience and knowledge, having worked with just about every type of learner that exists in the workplace, Further Education and Higher Education.
Her subject specialisms include educational theory and English language.
4 February 2021 - 18 February 2021
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
This event is fully booked.