This is a blended online course, delivered live by an expert trainer over 2 sessions, both of which must be attended. You will need access to the internet and MS Teams.
This course consists of 7 guided learning hours, delivered as:
- Pre-course: Research task (30 – 60 mins)
- 22nd April, 10am – 12.30pm: Induction + Session 1.
- In between sessions: Preparation for session 2/assessment from session 1 (up to 60 mins)
- 29th April, 10am – 12.30pm: Session 2 + assessment.
- Post-course: Completion of assessment (up to 60 mins) and support via email.
What We’ll Cover
- Understand dementia and models of dementia and the areas of the brain that are affected by dementia
- Know types of dementia and their causes
- Understand an individual’s experiences of dementia
- Explore the impact of dementia and attitudes towards individuals with dementia
This course is accredited by Gateway qualifications and is assessed via completion of a workbook. You will be asked to provide personal details ahead of the course for the Gateway registration – this will be requested by email after booking.
Benefits to You
You will gain a deeper understanding of dementia. This course will benefit professional and personal carers of those with dementia as well as families and communities. You will gain 2 credits on the RQF at level 2.
ONLINE with Luan Selby
Having spent 3 years as a Local Authority Compliance Manager for Adult Social Care, Luan re-qualified and ventured into Adult Education, teaching key skills and assessing NVQ candidates. In 2012, she became an independent Freelance Care Trainer, forming Selby Care Training, which has grown in reputation and has a continuously expanding and loyal client base.
Learning is both a passion and a profession for her.
22 April 2021 - 29 April 2021
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.