Recruitment is such an important thing to get right for an organisation, and getting it wrong can be costly. An interviewer (or an interview panel) needs to have the knowledge and skills to interview a candidate ethically, positively and with confidence. This 2-hour online course is made especially for people who are responsible for interviewing candidates at their organisation but who may be new to the role or require a refresher.
- Understand how to interview lawfully, ethically and fairly
- Equality Act 2010
- Unconscious biases
- Know how to set criteria and how to score against them objectively and consistently
- Your interview panel, essential criteria and the 3-3-3 method
- Using the above to create meaningful interview questions
- How to weight and score using a framework
- Know how to carry out a successful interview
- A two-way street – setting expectations for the candidate
- Dealing with awkward interviews and reading the interviewee
- Coming to a decision
ONLINE with Matt Sterling
About the Trainer
Matt is an experienced leader, having managed voluntary organisations, local authority services, and major change projects, including a decade in the voluntary sector, and 15 in local government, ultimately as a Borough Council Assistant Chief Executive.
He is also an experienced trainer having taught subjects as diverse as management, leadership, IT skills and English as a foreign language.
20 July 2021
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.