Asset Based Community Development is a frequently used phrase in the third sector, but where has it come from, what are the principles and what does it mean in practice? This 1.5-hour online course will take you through all the essentials of this approach to sustainable community-driven development by exploring the background, and the theory and principles. It will also help you to understand how to identify and develop the right environment so that ABCD principles can thrive and so that it can be of benefit to your organisation. Delegates are encouraged to attend Applied ABCD Training (2) in order to put the theory into practice.
- Understand the underlying theoretical basis for and principles of ABCD
- Explore asset-based approaches to community development, in particular, the Roseto Effect
- Understand the importance of creating the right conditions and culture for applying ABCD
- Understand the uses of ABCD and its practical application in the local context by discussing real world examples and case studies
- Provide signposting to real-life citizen-led activities happening now
ONLINE with Matt Sterling
About the Trainer
Matt is an experienced leader, having managed voluntary organisations, local authority services, and major change projects, including a decade in the voluntary sector, and 15 in local government, ultimately as a Borough Council Assistant Chief Executive.
He is also an experienced trainer having taught subjects as diverse as management, leadership, IT skills and English as a foreign language.
3 August 2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.