Tendring & Colchester Community speed Networking
My Name is Les Nicoll I am a Community Builder for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service.
I have arranged speed Networking events, and have seen several very successful partnerships formed between organisations.
I have now planned my latest events for September in Colchester & Clacton
How does it work?
- Speed Networking involves 20 or so people from Community support team’s charities or structured organisations.
- Sitting in a line opposite to somebody else from the community, you get a total of Just 6 minutes to discuss your roles and work in the community at the same time. The person opposite is telling you of theirs.
- After 6 minutes the bell goes (or a still strikingly handsome older Firefighter shouts, “Move on”)
- At which point you move on to the next person until you have engaged with all people in the room
- This creates the opportunity to make up to 24 new contacts or renew friendships with old contacts
- There will be an hour at the end to develop any contacts or potential partnerships.
- To ensure the informal atmosphere, there will of course be Tea/Coffee and cakes
There will also be limited parking available at the rear of Both Fire stations with
- The date and venues are;
- Tendring; Tuesday 3rd March
00am until 1.30
Clacton Fire station. St John’s Road Clacton-on-Sea Essex CO16
- Colchester: Tuesday 10th March
00am until 1.00pm
Colchester Fire station, Cowdray Ave, CO1 1XT
As I keep saying, I really want these events to be very informal and fun, knowing how committed we all are to our jobs I know lots of new partnerships will be made also each of us will get lots of sign posting opportunities going forward.
For the best results, one person from each organisation is ideal.
They can then pyramid the information down to others in their team.
Please let me know if you or a member of your team are interested.
This is a fun and Successful Networking event
The main point being that we meet many people from lots of different organisations,
If you book a place at the event, can you e mail me.
* Your selected course
* Either or Both
* Your name,
* e mail and contact telephone numbers plus permission to copy add to attendees list
To save Business cards I will try to develop a contact list so then all you need is a Highlighter to mark the people you need to follow up.
Feel free to bring along pull-ups or advertising boards to make the event seem more professional
Please also could you help me by forwarding this e-mail to as many of your contacts that you feel might be interested.
We do need new blood so any charity, organisation or community support team would be very welcome
If you require any further information about this event, please feel free to give me a call on 07779129888