The North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance (the Alliance) is a collaboration between commissioners and providers of North East Essex. Participation to date includes:
- Anglian Community Enterprise
- C360 and Community Voluntary Services Tendring
- Colchester Borough Council
- Colchester Hospital University NHS Trust
- East of England Ambulance Service
- Essex County Council
The Alliance has been established with the aim of transforming the health and wellbeing of the population of North East Essex by creating a sustainable system of health and wellbeing services that meet the immediate and longer term needs of the population.
The partners of North East Essex are unanimous in their recognition that achieving this ambition requires understanding of, and investment in, the full determinants of health, working with the widest range of partners in developing and designing locally tailored solutions.
This is supplemented with key programmes of work to address some of the immediate structural and operational challenges in the system using these to create and test the governance, systems and processes for long term change.
The North East Essex Alliance is one of three local delivery mechanisms for the North East Essex and Suffolk Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP). As part of Essex there are also strong ties with the public health, social care and wider economic development strategies of Essex County. The Alliance strategy is therefore designed to align with the STP’s overarching goals, outcomes and governance structure, and with programmes that operate on an Essex wide geography, ensuring compatibility between delivery plans and a framework to ensure that decisions and programmes of work are interconnected with decisions and activity delegated to the most appropriate level.
The North East Essex Alliance members are committed to working together to drive a transformative shift in the way health and wellbeing services are commissioned and delivered in order to improve health and wellbeing of the population of North East Essex.
A core first activity is to be the collaborative development of a shared vision that is meaningful to and owned by all members of the Alliance, their respective constituents as well as the population of North East Essex.
This will incorporate the following principles:
- That people are resilient and able to help themselves and each other to keep healthy and well
- That the most vulnerable will be supported – reducing the inequality of health and opportunity
- That we provide consistently excellent care for people when they need it, close to home and not just in a crisis
- That we make the best and most sustainable use of all available resources
- That care and support is coordinated around individuals and communities.