With overnight temperatures remaining low and April showers creeping into March over the Bank Holiday weekend, help still is on hand for Colchester residents who may need advice, support or information on how to stay warm and well during the more unsettled weather spells.
The One Colchester pop up shop is home to Colchester Communities Can, a joint community project run by Community360 and Colchester Borough Council. In lieu of milder spring weather, residents can continue to access winter support and services up until the end of April, particularly in the forms of:
- Winter Warmth packs containing clothing and information on how to maintain a warm home
- Free clothing and items (coats, hats, gloves, duvets and alike)
- Information on local support services and amenities
Members of the public are encouraged to drop in for a cup of tea and a chat at any time. Staff and volunteers will also be on hand to facilitate a range of weekly activities and services:
- Colchester Time Bank social meetings (Friday afternoons)
- C360 Women’s groups (Friday afternoons)
- i-Tea (providing IT & befriending support) (Friday mornings)
- My Weight Matters services (Wednesday mornings)
- Colchester Community Transport services
- Shop Mobility services
- Employment support (Tuesday afternoons)
- Adult Community Learning programmes
- Colchester Volunteer Centre
*Local voluntary organisations are welcome to use the shop space for free to promote their activities and services.
The One Colchester shop is open 10am-3pm Monday-Friday for general enquiries and is located at Unit 81, Culver Street East, Colchester CO1 1LF.
If you would like to volunteer or find out more information on the support and services available contact the Colchester Communities Can dedicated hotline on 0800 7311 655 (9am-5pm weekdays) or email email@example.com for more information.
For further information please contact Community360 CEO, Tracy Rudling on 01206 505250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org