Last night our Prime Minister Boris Johnson ordered the whole country to stay at home
The new measures introduced are:
- All gatherings of more than two in public place is forbidden – meaning a ban on all social events, including weddings and baptisms
- Non-essential shops told to close
- Communal play and exercise areas inside parks will also be shut down, but not parks themselves
- Places of worship such as churches and mosques must also shut, except to host for funerals
- Travel on roads, trains and buses are also banned, unless it’s essential to get to work.
You will only be allowed to leave home from now onwards for four reasons:
- Travel to work, essential work only
- Shopping for basic necessities, but as infrequently as possible
- Taking one form of exercise a day, alone or with members of your household, such as walking, running or cycling
- Going to a medical appointment or providing care to a vulnerable person.
Read more here: