What does mindfulness mean in the Early Years?
|Did you know that 70% of children and young people who have experienced a mental health problem have not had appropriate interventions at a sufficiently early age? (Mental Health Foundation UK)
With their NEW webinar ‘Mini Mindfulness’ on the 26th June 2020, it will equip your staff to support pupil’s ability to explore, express and understand what is going on in their heads and inside their bodies. You will look at ways in which mindful activities can support children in achieving a range of developmental milestones. Book your space today to avoid missing out.
Early Years Autism Education Trust: Making Sense of Autism
This 2-hour virtual training will give staff a better understanding and awareness of autism and the way it affects children in their setting. At the end of the training all participants will be able to:
- Identify the four key areas of difference that need to be considered when working with children on the autism spectrum
- Know the importance of understanding the individual child and their profile of strengths and weaknesses
- Identify the key areas to help children on the autism spectrum build positive relationships with staff, peers, families and people in their community
- Know that many children on the autism spectrum can be unusually sensitive to everyday sights, sounds, touch, tastes and smells. This can affect their learning and emotional state.
To book a FREE place on one of the sessions below, please complete the booking form
- 10 July 2020 – 9:30am to 11:30am
- 23 July 2020 – 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- 17 August 2020 – 3pm – 5pm