COVID-19 Response, 5th May 2020
Across the organisation we have reviewed our core service activities in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, with the highest consideration for the health and wellbeing of our service users, volunteers, community groups and staff.
With this in mind we are delivering the following key priority areas across the whole organisation 7 days per week, working in partnership with our local authority partners to support the Community Shield response in Colchester and Braintree districts:
- My Social Prescription™ (MSP™): Receiving referrals from the Essex Welfare Service and 17 GP practices in Colchester. To date we have carried out over 1,300 direct phone calls, and then followed this up with food, shopping, medication or a weekly welfare call. We will continue to receive My Social Prescription™ referrals from all partners across the community, to provide information, advice, guidance, and welfare checks
- Community Transport: Continues to conduct welfare calls to our 1200+ members, as well as support critical trips, (medical appointments, pharmacies and alike), provide additional capacity to Colchester hospital discharge, deliver prescriptions and welfare packages to residents
- Distribution of welfare packages: With support from the North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance we continue to distribute welfare packages containing key items and information to support those currently isolating or most at risk in the Colchester area. These packages will prominently be for those who fall outside of ‘Category A’ shield response, however distribution will be considered on a case by case basis and needs of residents
- Colchester & Braintree Volunteer Centres: Continues to process, coordinate and manage volunteers coming forward to support our communities, including our key services such as the NHS. We have processed an additional 500 volunteers to support activities in our communities
- Community Development: We continue to support all of our statutory and VCS partners by sharing information on key services and updates as they come through
Community360 core service and activities:
Winsley’s House: Currently closed to the public but open to staff 7 days a week
Braintree Library: Remains closed until further notice
One Colchester Hub: Closed for group activities and services until further notice. Information on services available in Colchester continues to be advertised in Hub window and updated on a regular basis.
Shopmobility: Continues to operate a normal service until further notice.
Voluntary Sector Training: All class room based training is currently paused, however a new online training offer will be advertised in due cours
Community Accounts Service: Continues to provide advice and support for the sector through our Community Accounts Team, giving advice on Furlough, and funding opportunities that has already realised £21K from a private donor for an animal charity.