COVID-19 Response, 26th March 2020
Across the organisation we have reviewed our core service activities in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, with the highest consideration for the health and wellbeing of our service users, volunteers, community groups and staff. Like many of our partners we aim to continue to support our local communities, and where possible, will be prioritising our resources to support those who may be vulnerable during this challenging time.
With this in mind we will be delivering the following key priority areas across the whole organisation:
- My Social Prescription™ (MSP™): Supports 17 GP practices in Colchester to receive referrals to support patients. As a result of the government’s decision to contact 1.5 million ‘Category A’ people we have a referral pathway in place with the GP Care Advisors to take referrals specifically for these people to triage non-medical needs.
- We will continue to receive My Social Prescription™ referrals from all partners across the community, to provide information, advice, guidance, and welfare checks
- Community Transport: Continues to conduct welfare calls to our 1200+ members, as well as support critical trips, (medical appointments, pharmacies and alike), provide additional capacity to Colchester hospital discharge, deliver prescriptions and welfare packages to residents
- Distribution of welfare packages: With support from the North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance we will distribute welfare packs containing key items and information to support those currently isolating or most at risk in the Colchester area
- Colchester & Braintree Volunteer Centres: Will process, coordinate and manage the influx of volunteers coming forward to support our communities, including our key services such as the NHS
- Community Development: We continue to support all of our statutory and VCS partners by sharing information on key services and updates as they come through
Community360 core service and activities:
Winsley’s House: Currently closed to the public but open to staff.
Braintree Library: Remains closed until further notice
One Colchester Hub: Now closed for group activities and services until further notice. Information on services available in Colchester continues to be advertised in Hub window and updated on a regular basis.
Shopmobility: Continues to operate a normal service until further notice.
Voluntary Sector Training: All training has been cancelled both in house and offsite. Those booked onto courses will be offered alternative dates and fees carried over with no admin costs.
Community Accounts Service: The accountancy service continues to provide all core services activities unless otherwise instructed by clients. The Essential Living Fund has stopped until further notice.