The Community Initiatives Fund is now open and is designed to help individuals, groups and voluntary organisations boost their local community. The £350,000 fund offers two levels of grant:
- £300,000 is for grants of up to £10,000 towards capital or revenue projects that benefit the wider community.
- £50,000 is for micro-grants of up to £500 to help support grassroots groups, reduce social isolation, improve wellbeing and help communities better connect.
This fund excludes projects that deliver their work outside the administrative area of Essex County Council (Thurrock and Southend). The Community Initiative Fund is administered by the EALC on behalf of Essex County Council. Town & Parish Councils, community groups, social enterprises and individuals in the ECC area are all invited to apply.
Projects should have community backing and demonstrate a real community need. For instance, they could be to:
- Create, buy or develop new community assets
- Enhance existing community assets
- Enhance or develop initiatives that strengthen the local community, including cultural initiatives.
- Read through the guidance notes which contain details of all the grant funding schemes.
- Email a completed pre-application checklist to Louise Gambardella, Funding Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5th July 2021.
- If your project passes the initial review you will be informed and asked to continue with the full application form.
- The panel will then review your project based on the information given in your application form.
- You will then be informed whether your application for funding has been successful or not. Not all applications are successful and sometimes, you may be given less funding than you applied for, or directed to alternative funding sources.
Click here to download :