This year, Random Acts of Kindness Day falls on Thursday, February 17, 2023.
What can children do during Random Acts of Kindness Day 2023?
Random Acts of Kindness Day 2023 is a brilliant time to inspire children to be even kinder! You can take this opportunity to ask children to think of ways they can show kindness to both themselves and others. It’s a great idea to encourage children to use their creativity to think of ways they can be kind. Here are some ideas for random acts of kindness for children to get started:
- Write someone a kind note – some words of kindness can go a long way.
- Tidy your room without being asked – this will be great for everyone in the house, including you, because you’ll have a clean space to enjoy being in.
- Tell yourself three things you love about yourself – be kind to yourself by giving yourself some compliments!
- Write a thank you letter to someone who has helped you – this will let them know that you’re grateful and appreciate their support.
- Congratulate someone – it’s great to say well done to someone you care about who has achieved their goals!
- Share something of yours – sharing is caring because it lets someone know they’re important to you if you share your things with them.
- Give someone a compliment – this can make someone’s day and stick in their head for a long time!
- Pick up a coat that’s fallen off its peg – such a simple way to help someone, but it’s a lovely way to show a bit of kindness in an everyday situation.
- Hold the door open for someone – letting someone else go first will help them and give you a warm feeling too because you were kind.
- Help someone who’s stuck – give your support to someone who needs it, if you can.
- Take some time to relax – you can do some self-care by doing a mindfulness activity, like a meditation or some colouring.
- Listen to your friend’s problem and support them – show kindness to your friends by listening to them when they want to talk to you.
- Invite someone to join in your game at school – help everyone feel like they belong by inviting some who is left out to join in your game.