Versus Arthritis are working in partnership with Active Essex to develop classes for people with arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions in the Braintree and Basildon areas of Essex to be active.
The classes are free and will run for 12 weeks with the first classes starting the week commencing 27th February
The classes will be running at the following times
- Witham Leisure Centre– Spinks Lane Witham 2 classes one on Wednesdays starting 1st March, 1pm-2pm, and another on Fridays starting 10th March, 12pm-1pm
- Braintree Sport and Health Club, Panfield Lane, Braintree – on Mondays starting the 27th February, 2-3pm
- Braintree Swimming and Fitness Centre, Charter Way, Braintree – on Wednesdays starting 8th March, 2-3pm
- The Place, Northlands Pavement Pitsea Centre, Basildon – on Wednesdays starting 1st March, 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Laindon Community Centre High Road Laindon –on Mondays starting 27th February, 11pm-12pm and another on Wednesdays starting 8th March,, 1-2pm
- Virtual online class starting Thursday 2nd March at 6pm
All the instructors have the required qualification, insurance, have had DBR checks and undertaken safeguarding training. They will also and have received additional training to understand the needs of people living with MSK conditions and how to support long term behaviour change.
The scheme is open to anyone with an MSK condition living in the Essex area (with a focus on Basildon and Braintree)
For further details of classes, venues and dates please and application forms either self-referral or health professional referral go to www.versusarthritis.org/essex
Participants who do not have access to the internet can also call 0300 7900433
Click to download : Let’s Move Essex Generic Leaflet (A5)