Would you like to manage a service that makes a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable older people and their carers? Action for Family Carers have an exciting opportunity for a manager of their Day Care Service in Maldon. You will have experience of supporting people with dementia, whether gained in a professional capacity or as an informal carer. Management experience is preferred but not essential.
Maldon Day Care Service provides an opportunity for older people to mix socially in a safe environment and engage in stimulating activities with the support of trained staff and volunteers. A varied activity programme caters for a wide range of interests including quizzes, singing and gentle exercises, and a cooked lunch is also provided. Day Care also provides a vital respite break for family Carers. The role of Day Care Manager involves overall responsibility for the service, and management of experienced and dedicated staff and volunteers.
Action for Family Carers is a thriving charity which for over 30 years has been providing support for Adult Carers and Young Carers – people with unpaid, caring responsibilities for others. Action for Family Carers are a Carers Trust Network Partner and Trusted Charity. Providing support, information, counselling, Young Carer clubs and respite care across Essex, working within schools, with GP practices and in a variety of community settings.
Day Care Manager
Starting salary £24,089 – £25,558 pro rata (depending on experience)
Part-time 30 hours per week (Actual salary £20,647 – £21,906)
4 days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Office base – Maldon
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day delivery of Day Care services
- Managing staff and volunteers
- Gathering evidence of positive impact and outcomes
- Helping to promote the service locally
- Engaging with local Carers and their families
You will need to be:
- Enthusiastic about supporting people experiencing dementia
- Able to support and motivate staff and volunteers
- Highly organised and proactive in managing the service
- Able to work flexibly and independently
- Full induction and relevant training
- Contributory pension scheme
- 24-hour Confidential Staff Helpline
- An opportunity to help vulnerable families in the local community
- A chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team
For an application pack go to www.affc.org.uk or email email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications: 5pm on 12th September 2023
Action for Family Carers is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all sections of the community.