Community360 (C360) is seeking to expand its vibrant team. If you would like to support your local community and strengthen voluntary action, there couldn’t be a better time to join the C360 workforce. If you are keen to be part of a fantastic team and are looking for a highly rewarding role, enjoy working under pressure and want to join a forward thinking organisation, then this is the place for you.
Responsible for promoting and maintaining volunteer led projects, including Timebanking and Business Bank, working in partnership with colleagues across Essex. The post-holder will also be involved in developing local communities through fundraising, events, training, resource provision, partnership work, media awareness, business support and strategic level engagement. You will be required to provide focused and measurable support to the C360 team overall and to the operational management of community development.
We would like:
- Experience in a similar environment is preferred and the ability to deliver on the strategic and operational demands of a reputable forward thinking charity, be flexible and adaptable to the needs of our changing environment
- Project planning and delivery, and community development
- Great interpersonal skills to work with diverse communities and encourage volunteering
- Ability to multi-task within a dynamic, fast paced, and changing environment
- A “can do” attitude with innovative ideas and be responsible for delivering services on time, efficiently and in accordance with relevant key performance indicators, ensuring a high quality customer focus service at all times
- Proven knowledge of IT systems/databases
Assistant Engagement Officer
We are seeking someone with good interpersonal skills who would like to work with us to develop and deliver community projects that help people to maintain their health and wellbeing, connect to and access voluntary and community services, as well as promote the role of the voluntary sector.
We would like:
- Experience of customer service or a similar role offering support to members of the public
- Strong organisational skills which will allow for multi-tasking
- Proven experience of project working and the ability to meet targets and deadlines
- A team player who can work well with members of the public who access our busy building and the projects within
Transport Scheme Minibus Driver
Scale of pay from £8.50per hour
You will be driving for a range of activities including transporting patients who have been discharged from hospital and require transport either direct to their home; care homes, or indeed any destination dictated by the hospital within North East Essex as well as regular trips for our members requiring transport to appointments and social events. The job holder is required to use one of our minibuses and ensure all safety guidelines are followed at all times. Additionally you will be responsible for liaising with the schedulers ensuring that all information is recorded accurately. MiDAS (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme) training is provided and a DBS check will be required. Some driving will be out of hours and will command a higher rate of pay.
We need experienced minibus drivers to help us fulfil this role. An empathetic, caring nature is paramount and the ability to recognise if other support services could be suggested or are required.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Possess prior experience of driving a minibus
- Have excellent customer relationship and communication skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Hold a full clean UK driving license
- Be aged 25 years or over in order to be covered by Fleet Insurance
- Have a good knowledge of the local area
- Be willing to go the extra mile
Administrator £8.67 an hour (full time but we welcome applications from people seeking part-time hours)– based in Colchester, we would like to recruit an administrator to join our reception team at Winsley’s House. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. They will need an eye for detail and a commitment to improving the lives of people through providing information and direct support. We can accept flexible working hours and offer full or part time roles.
Senior Engagement Officer £13 an hour (full-time) – based in multiple locations in North Essex and Suffolk, we would like to recruit a strategic thinker and planner with a working knowledge of community development. They will able to work effectively with colleagues to lead a team of staff and volunteers delivering a diverse range of programmes of work which improve the quality of life of local residents. They will be required to support fundraising, team management and monitoring of the programmes and work with a range of organisations to fulfil their role.
For all positions please complete this Application Form
*Please note, we do not accept CVs and cannot provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.