A new fund that is aiming to help tackle the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on BAME communities is now open for applications.
Grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 are available for BAME-led community groups and organisations that are working primarily with BAME communities. For the purpose of this fund, BAME includes white minority communities other than white British (for example, Polish, Lithuanian, etc), as well as communities that are Black, Asian, Chinese, African and Middle Eastern.
The Fund has three priority areas:
- Delivering COVID-19 services. Organisations can apply for help with current costs if their funding has been affected by the pandemic.
- Delivering mental health and wellbeing services, particularly to those who have been further impacted by COVID-19.
- Delivering sports activities to tackle BAME inequalities and help with the impact of COVID-19, including wellbeing initiatives.
The grants can be used for:
- Running costs for organisations, including volunteer expenses, staff costs, and transport.
- Small capital costs, providing the capital item will address the priorities of the Fund.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 3 November 2020.