A new fund is available from ACECIC for local groups working in Tendring and Colchester. The deadline for completed applications is Tuesday 25 July 2017.
The total pot of money is £25,000 and there is no limit per bid.
The criteria includes the following:
Projects that support people to effectively manage their own conditions by working differently to:
- Determine outcomes that are important to patients and how to achieve them, such as working in collaboration with health care professionals and others
- Build knowledge, skills, confidence and resilience to manage the impact of their symptoms and limitations so they can live a full and meaningful life
- Access the support they need within and beyond health services to better manage their own health and wellbeing on an ongoing basis
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Self-care and self-management of long term health conditions. This would include helping clients to set goals, mentoring and coaching them in order to achieve those goals or putting them in touch with peer support groups
- Social isolation. This would include detecting and addressing loneliness.
- Increasing the capacity of health care services. This might include hospital discharge initiatives
Other important aspects of applications will be:
- Working with partners
- Treatment that reaches higher volumes of people
- Particular challenging conditions we would like to address are: wound care, respiratory and diabetes management
This fund would be particularly good for organisations or projects that specialise in assisting their clients with health conditions or addressing social isolation.
If you would like more information or have any questions please contact Bridget Tighe on 01206 505250.